Friday, September 7, 2012

Video lesson plans

The increase in classroom technology expands not only the minds of the students, but also the teaching capabilities of the teacher.

I recently guest taught for a middle level art teacher who prepared a video for each of her classes.  She talked to them about their day, what the expectations were, and the work they would be doing during class time.  She gave instruction and demonstrated how to do the art projects.

While a competent teacher, art it not my strong suit, so I was thrilled with this teaching best practice.  Not only did the video present the days tasks (and show me what to do...), it gave me a couple of minutes at the beginning of each class to take attendance, and get familiar with the students.  BRILLIANT!!!  During one of the class periods, the students and I even made a video for her and emailed it.

While I completely agree that students should learn to read and write using paper and pencils, I can definitely see the benefits to using multi-media for teaching!

Props to the unnamed teacher described above!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment